There are not many people who would turn down PIZZA. Being the health conscious individual that I am, I had to get creative when it came to pizza, because as much as I love sinking my teeth into a delicious crispy slice or six, my body cannot afford to indulge as much as it wants to. My solution?
This simple pesto pizza wrap which has become a staple, convenient go-to meal for me. It really does fill the gap and satisfy my pizza cravings.
I am not saying I will never indulge in a full blown pizza from now on, but this is a great way to tuck in at home when one doesn’t have the time to make an elaborate meal or when one wants to be calorie conscious:
- Place the wrap on a baking tray and preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Spread the pesto on the base of the wrap and sprinkle feta and chopped nuts on top
- Bake for roughly 10 minutes (until crispy)
- Take out the oven and add the avo and rocket
- Serve immediately and season to taste